The Rant: I had to swing by our local Sears to pick up an item from the merchandise pick-up. All the parking spots for the pick up area were occupied. Of course, I rolled my eyes and anticipated a bit of a wait since there were four pickups ahead of me. I finessed myself into a non authorized spot, I admit I shouldn't have but I was prepared to move it if I blocked anyone. Lo and Behold, there was no one waiting for mechandise pick up. So all the cars parked, were by shoppers who somehow justified to themselves it was okay to take up spaces clearly designated for a specific purpose.
The Rave: Austin, the (very) young man working in parcel pickup, was very helpful. He showed me how to locate my order by my phone number and then went back and pulled my merchandise with alacrity. He was very nice and seemed to genuinely want to help me. I saw no signs of TVC (thinly veiled contempt), which, sadly, I see all too often in a younger workforce.
No comments:
Post a Comment